Aesthetic physicians offer a wide variety of services that people actually want. Reaching your potential customers online is crucial. A large part of online marketing is search engine optimization (SEO). Show people that you have what they're looking for with these five SEO tips for your aesthetic practice.
1. Start local. Your practice is your brand, and the product is you. When marketing online, the goal is to show people that you are the best option for aesthetic. But remember, you're not going to be targeting people nationally—just locally. When someone searches for "cosmetic surgery Salt Lake City" or "cosmetic surgery SLC", you want to be one of the first names that come up. If you optimize your site, you can be! There are two great ways to ensure that local searches find you. The first is to add your location name into the content that you create. The second is to add a local business address to each new page of content you create. Schema.org provides a different markups.
2. Do your keyword research. After making sure your website is locally targeted, go ahead and start with a list of topics you think people are searching for. Aesthetic specialists looking to increase revenue through SEO may consider starting with cosmetic surgeon, facials, Botox, and fillers. From there, research what people are searching using the Keyword tool from Google AdWords and decide what you want to focus on. This will be the basis for how you move forward with your SEO campaign.
3. Start writing! Incorporate words and phrases people are searching for into informative, but easy-to-read content. Tradition SEO articles are dull and serve little purpose other than to host keywords. Today, good content, optimized with keywords, is what will set you apart. Write about what patients want to know: how to choose the best sunscreen, how diet can reduce acne, or how safe Botox is. These are all articles that serve two purposes: they contain key words that direct people to your website, and they contain information that people value.
4. Add sharable, engaging content. Reading an article about sunscreen can be interesting, but watching a how-to video, looking at an infographic, or seeing a picture is even better. This sharable media also serves as a way to engage with people via social media. Post these pictures to your Facebook page, tweet out links to videos, and pin Infographics. All these things will drive traffic back to your website and help distinguish you as a credible source in aesthetic.
5. Reevaluation. Make sure you are tracking pages and incoming links to see what people are responding to. If people seem to really like your pins on Pinterest about natural acne tips and it's driving people to your website, generate more content like that. If people never engage with information on laser hair removal, don't try to make it popular. Search Engine Optimization for cosmetic surgeons isn't about making people want what you have to offer, it's about offering what people want.