Net-savvy, smartphone-savvy, social media-savvy, online marketing-savvy… one too many savvy's in there, for sure. However, that is how the world, and your patients in particular are evolving. The expanding types of devices, user contexts and interactions, as well as quickly evolving computing styles, are indicative of a paradigm shift in the way technology trends impact consumer preferences and subsequently the market.
Mobile marketing, if used effectively and efficiently, can move mountains for cosmetic surgery practices. Potential patients are spending considerable time on their mobile phones; appealing to this demographic can help you increase patient engagement and expand your target audience base.
SIZE OF THE MOBILE MARKET
Mobile accounts for one half of all local searches. What's more, potential patients are searching while on the go
- 90% OF MOBILE SEARCHES lead to some kind of consumer activity
- The average American spends 2.7 HOURS EACH DAY socializing over a mobile device<
- Mobile marketing will generate $400 BILLION IN THE U.S ALONE. in 2012 the figure sat at $139 BILLION*
MOBILE MARKETING BEST PRACTICES
Understand how Mobile Marketing works by becoming a power-user: Familiarize yourself with QR codes, banner ads, and use Google Voice Search, among other things.
Optimize for mobile platforms, so potential patients can easily find you over a mobile device of their choice.
Claim your listings on leading sites such as Yelp.com, Google+, and Foursquare to expand visibility for your brand
Boost your mobile marketing campaign by creating targeted messages that cater to a specific demographic or a particular section of your audience.
THE “CLOUD” COVER
Staying competitive without breaking the bank is one of the biggest challenges cosmetic surgery practices face. Technology is becoming increasingly important in online marketing; however, technology comes with a cost (literal), yes? Not necessarily. Let's talk about the “cloud”:
- IT cloud spending across the globe will hit $60 BILLION BY 2016
- Cloud is expected to generate 14 MILLION JOBS BY 2015
- 82% OF COMPANIES benefited by moving to the cloud*
- 78% OF RESPONDENTS from the private sector listed data security as a major concern
THE CLOUD PHILOSOPHY
In recent times, cloud computing has seen rapid adoption across different market verticals. This is because cloud is low-cost, offers a highly efficient virtual structure for any establishment, and provides a new way of working. Say good bye to the days of maintaining an internal high-cost IT team; with cloud-based systems and services you only pay for what you use, your IT in one word is “out sourced,” and long binding contracts will become a thing of the past.
HERE'S A GREAT ARTICLE ON CLOUD AND STORAGE TRENDS FOR 2014
SOCIAL JUST KEEPS GETTING BIGGER
Social media penetration is not only extensive, but comprehensive. It is also crucial to marketing success. No longer limited to a particular generation, social media has created a highly engaging marketing space that is no longer restricted by geographical boundaries.
- 93% OF MARKETERS use social tools for business
- 85% OF USERS SAY that their buying decisions are influenced by social sites
- 62% OF USERS ARE MORE LIKELY to interact with brands which integrate their properties with social media
- 100 HOURS OF VIDEO gets uploaded to YouTube EACH MINUTE
- LinkedIn beats Facebook and Twitter in lead generation by being 277% TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE
BRAND YOUR PRACTICE WITH THE SOCIAL STAMP
Curate valuable and interesting content that can help, inform, entertain, or inspire your audience.
Focus on building a large social-media presence for your cosmetic surgery practice; branding value aside, this is one sure way of benefiting from cost-effective marketing.
Create content that offers value to your followers. If you can establish your expertise about your area of specialization, it follows that you are skilled in that area.
In conclusion, the “Internet of Things” definitely dictates a more connected lifestyle via technology. It will become easier to manage and integrate the wide variety of devices we use on a daily basis. So what needs to be seen now is how the “everything everywhere” approach will impact the future of online marketing.
Naren Arulrajah is President and CEO of Ekwa.com. Ekwa Marketing is a complete Internet marketing company that focuses on SEO, social media marketing, and the online reputations of dermatologists and plastic surgeons in the US, Canada, and the UK. Visit them online at www.ekwa.com.
- http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Presentations_and_ Whitepapers/2014/UK_Digital_Market_Overview_February_2014
- http://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/research-studies/mobile-path-topurchase- 5-key-findings.html
- http://www.convinceandconvert.com/social-media-measurement/ google-analytics-social-reports-provide-huge-metrics-edge/