Cutera, Inc. has launched its excel V+ laser platform, which the company describes as a technological advancement that includes 50 percent more power and treatment speed, optimized delivery systems and parameters for treating vascular lesions and pigmentation concerns.
The company says the excel V+ represents a significant leap forward in its current excel V laser platform for the treatment of rosacea, poikiloderma, leg veins, skin pigmentation, and acne scars. The advancements of the excel V+ include:
- Fully-integrated 532/+ 1064nm wavelengths, with the addition of Green Genesis, a micro-pulsed 532nm procedure
- 50 percent more power with the 532nm wavelength
- Large spot sizes up to 16mm for 2X faster treatments
- New Dermastat tracing handpiece to quickly treat small vascular and pigmented lesions on the face and body
“I am very pleased to have collaborated with Cutera’s R&D team on the development of the excel V+. The technological advancements of the new laser enhance an already best-in-class platform. The new capabilities will transform the experience of my patients. The advancement of the technology means I will be able to treat veins and vascular lesions and skin pigmentation more efficiently, precisely, and with improved results," says E. Vic Ross, MD, a dermatologist at Scripps Clinic, San Diego, CA.
Market data demonstrates a large demand for these vascular and pigmentation treatments:
- 415M people suffer from rosacea
- 84 percent of the population have spider veins
- 40 percent of the population suffer from pigment concerns
- Skin rejuvenation ranks in the top 10 of non surgical aesthetic procedures
Cutera will unveil the excel V+ at The American Acadamy of Dermatologist (AAD) Annual Meeting, which begins on March 1 in Washington, DC.
"The launch of the excel V+ marks another milestone for Cutera's goals in providing best-in-class aesthetics technology for providers worldwide. We are proud to be at the forefront of these innovations over the past twenty years, and will continue to develop clinical advancements in laser and light-based technology that provide the best in patient care,” says Jason Richey, COO and Interim CEO of Cutera.
Cutera will also be conducting live demonstrations of its extremely popular body sculpting device, truSculpt iD at AAD. Th company will also host twelve leading dermatologists in their AAD booth 1501, who will share valuable insights on the latest trends in aesthetics treatments and technology.Next Story