- NEWS & TRENDS
- NEW IN MY PRACTICE | COSMECEUTICALS: NEOVA POWER RE ACTIVATOR CONCENTRATE [RETINOL + EGT]
- NEW IN MY PRACTICE | DEVICES: CYNOSURE'S TEMPSURE SURGICAL RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) TECHNOLOGY
- WOMEN IN AESTHETICS: MARY TROUT
- PRODUCTS UPDATE
- IN FOCUS: SCULPT YOUR CAREER
- WHAT’S MY PRACTICE WORTH? WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- CONSIDERING BUYING A PRACTICE? READ THIS FIRST.
- WHAT’S IN A NAME? EXPLORING EMPLOYMENT STATUS
- FULL CONTROL OF THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE: FOUNDATIONS OF SUCCESSFUL PRACTICE
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTING: APPLYING CREATIVITY TO PATIENT CARE AND BUSINESS
- FUNDAMENTALS OF GROWING YOUR SERVICES AND PRACTICE WITH WOMEN
- THE DEATH OF INJECTABLES
- BUSINESS ADVISOR : REDEFINE YOUR PRACTICE CULTURE
- THREE WAYS: WHEN BAD ADVICE HAPPENS TO GOOD PRACTICES: CAN YOU FIX IT?
- AESTHETIC MARKETING MATTERS: FACEBOOK ADVERTISING MADE SIMPLE
- FINANCIAL PLANNER: HOW TO DETERMINE IF MUNICIPAL BONDS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU
- COMING & GOING
NEW IN MY PRACTICE | COSMECEUTICALS: NEOVA POWER RE ACTIVATOR CONCENTRATE [RETINOL + EGT]
With Yunyoung Claire Chang, MD
What is Neova Power Re Activator Concentrate [Retinol + EGT]?
Yunyoung Claire Chang, MD: Neova Power RE Activator Concentrate is a newcomer to the anti-aging skincare market. I have been recommending it to patients since its launch with great feedback. It contains two key active ingredients—retinol and L-ergothioneine (EGT)—to prevent signs of photoaging and fight damaging free radicals, respectively. This product uses one of the newest forms of vitamin A, hydroxypinacoloneretinoate, which directly attaches to the retinoid receptor, allowing it to achieve its biologic actions while remaining gentle on the skin. EGT is a naturally occurring amino acid that has been shown to have powerful antioxidant properties. In vitro lab studies have demonstrated the antioxidant activity of EGT and its ability to protect cells from ultraviolet-related reactive oxygen species.
How do you suggest that your patients use Power Re Activator Concentrate?
Dr. Chang: I recommend using two drops of the product twice daily for maximum benefit. Patients should cleanse their face first, and then apply this product on its own before using moisturizers.
What type of results are your patients seeing with regular use?
Dr. Chang: Like most anti-aging products, this needs to be used for at least eight to 12 weeks to see its benefits. Patients should expect to see more even complexion and smoother texture to the skin. Over extended periods of time, it will help prevent or delay the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
What procedures does this product complement?
Dr. Chang: Neova Power RE Activator Concentrate may complement other anti-aging procedures, like resurfacing lasers. Resurfacing lasers, like Fraxel Dual, deliver energy deeper than topicals to minimize brown spots, stimulate collagen in the dermis, and reduce photodamage of the skin. It may be used in adjunct to resurfacing lasers to maintain anti-aging benefits.
How does skincare fit in with your overall practice philosophy?
Dr. Chang: Skin aging can start in the 20s to 30s, with increased pigmentation, breakdown of collagen, and decreased elasticity. This becomes visible in the form of brown spots, face wrinkles, and loose, sagging skin. External (and preventable) factors that accelerate skin aging include sun exposure, smoking, and environmental pollution. Sun protection and avoiding smoking are two important ways to prevent skin aging, while the regular use of anti-aging skincare products helps protect against this damage. Regular use of anti-aging skincare helps maintain healthy skin and prevents the need for more aggressive procedures in the future.