- NEWS & TRENDS
- NEW IN MY PRACTICE | COSMECEUTICALS: NEOVA POWER RE ACTIVATOR CONCENTRATE [RETINOL + EGT]
- NEW IN MY PRACTICE | DEVICES: CYNOSURE'S TEMPSURE SURGICAL RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) TECHNOLOGY
- WOMEN IN AESTHETICS: MARY TROUT
- PRODUCTS UPDATE
- IN FOCUS: SCULPT YOUR CAREER
- WHAT’S MY PRACTICE WORTH? WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- CONSIDERING BUYING A PRACTICE? READ THIS FIRST.
- WHAT’S IN A NAME? EXPLORING EMPLOYMENT STATUS
- FULL CONTROL OF THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE: FOUNDATIONS OF SUCCESSFUL PRACTICE
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTING: APPLYING CREATIVITY TO PATIENT CARE AND BUSINESS
- FUNDAMENTALS OF GROWING YOUR SERVICES AND PRACTICE WITH WOMEN
- THE DEATH OF INJECTABLES
- BUSINESS ADVISOR : REDEFINE YOUR PRACTICE CULTURE
- THREE WAYS: WHEN BAD ADVICE HAPPENS TO GOOD PRACTICES: CAN YOU FIX IT?
- AESTHETIC MARKETING MATTERS: FACEBOOK ADVERTISING MADE SIMPLE
- FINANCIAL PLANNER: HOW TO DETERMINE IF MUNICIPAL BONDS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU
- COMING & GOING
Expert insight on the hottest products, ingredients, and trends your patients are talking about.
With Elizabeth Tanzi MD, FAAD
Charcoal-Infused Skin Care
Charcoal has long been used in emergency room settings to prevent drugs and poisons from being absorbed into the bloodstream, and this same rationale is why activated charcoal is popping up in dozens of skin, oral, and hair care products. These products are now being heavily marketed to patients, but do they really work?
“Charcoal-based products are supposed to draw out impurities so have shown some limited improvements with acne,” says Elizabeth Tanzi, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at George Washington Medical Center and Director of Capital Laser and Skin Care in Washington DC. “However I find them too drying for the hair.”
Plant-Based Baby Care Line, HelloBello
HelloBello, an affordable plant-based baby care line co-founded by Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, will launch with 10 products, including:
Bubble Bath: Made with organic extracts of aloe, calendula and cucumber, Hello Bello bubble bath is pH-balanced and hypoallergenic to clean and calm kids. Made without phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrances, or dyes, it is available in lavender, vanilla apricot, and apple blossom.
Bug Spray: As one of the only USDA Certified Organic options, Hello Bello bug spray is DEET-free, hypoallergenic, non-irritating and lab-tested to repel all types of mosquitoes, along with more than 55 other insects for up to six hours.
Diaper Rash Cream: The pediatrician-tested, non-nano Zinc Oxide diaper rash formula creates a protective barrier and provides quick relief with a special blend of organic sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, and tamanu oil.
Baby Lotion: Made with organic jojoba and sunflower seed oils and other botanical extracts, Hello Bello’s baby lotion moisturizes, softens, and supports the overall health of baby’s skin. This lotion is plant-based available in vanilla apricot, apple blossom, lavender, and unscented.
Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50: Hello Bello’s SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen is designed to hydrate and protect delicate skin from the sun. It keeps a child’s skin protected using the broad-spectrum protection of Non-Nano Zinc Oxide. And it also includes shea butter, cocoa seed butter, coconut oil, and green tea extract to help moisturize and soothe skin. Hellobello.com
Sheer Zinc SPF 30 or Solar Moisturizer SPF 30, DermaQuest
SheerZinc SPF 30 is a sunscreen that not only softens signs of aging but also has a restorative effect against the skin’s previous sun exposure, Dermaquest says. This 100 percent physical sunscreen, which can be worn under makeup, is formulated with zinc oxide to guard and protect skin.
The mineral based sunscreen absorbs quickly, working to elegantly shelter your skin. Solar Moisturizer SPF 30 offers a dual chemical SPF and moisturizer intended to protect elastin protein from UV damage. Incorporated plumping peptides are intended to encourage more youthful looking skin. Dermaquestinc.com