- My Take: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
- News & Trends
- New in My Practice | Cosmeceuticals: ISDIN’s Melatonik Serum
- New in My Practice | Devices: QuantifiCare’s LifeViz Body System
- Beauty Counter MD
- New Products
- Women in Aesthetics: Mary Fisher
- In Focus: Think Different
- Improve Collections, Improve Your Bottom Line
- Thrive in the Face of Competition
- Set Your Practice Apart: The Power of Specialization
- A Recipe for Success
- “I Have a Lot of Friends I Could Send You,” and Other Lies Patients Tell
- Making a Difference: How Aesthetic Physicians Can Act Locally to Help Others
- Cosmetic Injectables Update: More Developments in Neurotoxins
- Business Advisor: Beat the Clock: Improve Patient Wait Times
- Aesthetic Marketing Management: Your Guide to Attention-Grabbing Headlines
- Financial Planner: Three Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing Your Advisors
- Three Ways: Building a Brand: What are the Most important components?
- Virtual Voice: RealSelf Survey: 36 Percent of US Adults are Considering Cosmetic Treatments
- Coming & Going
A Recipe for Success
A dermatologic surgeon shares winning strategies for growing the bottom line.
With Jason Emer, MD
When dermatologic surgeon Jason Emer, MD, FAAD, FAACS decided to open a solo aesthetic and skincare practice in Beverly Hills in 2016, he knew he had to create a unique five-star patient experience in addition to being an excellent surgeon to rise above the fray.
Now close to three years later, the practice has grown significantly—and includes 34 employees including two board-certified plastic surgeons, two aestheticians, a physician’s assistant and nurses, and a stellar concierge staff.
DR. EMER’S TOP TIPS
• Surround Yourself with Excellence
• Offer Lower-cost Alternatives through Physician Extenders
• Don’t Drop Any Leads
• Invest in Social Media
“Bringing on highly trained physician extenders including physician assistants and registered nurses has increased revenue and provided less costly options for patients interested in aesthetic treatments,” he says. “Having an amazing team of aestheticians surrounding me has made a big difference in how many patients we see and how satisfied they are with the results of their procedures.”
At Jason Emer, MD, cosmetic consultants also serve as liaisons to each patient. “Every patient gets their own cosmetic concierge and assistant along with their cell phone numbers so they feel like they are the only patient in the practice,” he says. “Our consultants serve as the gateway to me and allow me to be in multiple places at once. They go over everything with the patients from skin care to treatments and recovery.”
Another great investment was an “amazing” new customer relationship management (CRM) system, Dr. Emer says. “We can track all treatments, leads and bookings, and my physician assistant always follows up with patients, which helps to re-engage those who may be otherwise lost.”
Social media has always been a great marketing tool for Dr. Emer. With 148,000 followers on Instagram plus a strong presence on all the key social platforms, including Facebook, RealSelf, and Snapchat, he is able to reach patients and prospective patients in an up-close and personal fashion so they know him and his practice style even before they come in for a consult.