- My Take: Sticks And Stones
- Online Exclusive: RealDealAesthetics Recap
- News + Trends
- Online Exclusive: #RealDealAesthetics Recap
- New in My Practice | Cosmeceuticals: Even Tone Correcting Serum from Skinbetter Science
- New in My Practice | Devices: vFit Plus by Joylux
- Beauty Counter MD
- Women In Aesthetics: Lori Deo
- In Focus: Navigate your Course
- Can Your Aesthetic Physician “Happiness” Level Impact Your Health?
- What to Look Out For When Signing Contracts
- The Changing Face of Plastic Surgery
- Electronic Medical Records: Right for Your Practice?
- The Top 5 Reasons Your Medical Spa Is Going to Get Investigated
- In it to Spin It: Cultivate Media Relations to Grow Your Profile
- Board Forum: On Course: Tips for Long-Term Success
- Business Advisor: Create a Positive Culture for Staff
- Aesthetic Marketing Management: Lights, Camera, Action…
- Three Ways: New Year, New Profit Margins
- Financial Planner: Year-End Tax Planning Tips for 2018
- Virtual Voice: What We Can All Learn from the US “Beauty Capitals”
- Coming and Going
Aesthetic Marketing Management: Lights, Camera, Action…
Four steps to maximize your video marketing campaign.
By: Naren Arulrajah
Videos can be marketing gold if they are produced and distributed properly. In fact, viewership of videos online (think YouTube) has increased multifold over the years. If your video goes viral, it can raise your online visibility by leaps and bounds.
Here’s how to make sure your videos go the distance.
1. Craft a Compelling Story
A good story has a definite beginning, middle, and end. Examples of stories to consider include:
• Human interest stories that generate emotions.
• Stories that inspire or instill pride.
• Informative or educational content.
• Content that does more than advertise a product.
• Entertaining content that generates joy or laughter.
2. Keep it Short and Sweet
The first few seconds is the time to grab your audience’s attention. A YouTube video should be about two minutes, and any material that seems extraneous should be edited out.
3. Add Bells and Whistles
You can increase the success of your videos by:
• Posting on multiple sites.
• Using YouTube end screens, thumbnails, cards, and tags to boost engagement.
• Using attractive titles.
• Adding attractive graphics or visuals.
• Including testimonials.
• Adding demonstrations or tutorials.
• Creating contests or a series of videos.
• Adding music or animation.
• Embedding your video in landing pages.
4. Track and Assess
It is essential to measure and track engagement rates and clicks to keep a score of how well your video is doing. If there are deficiencies in numbers, analyze the reasons and learn from your mistakes. Continuously monitor rates of viewership to ensure escalating numbers.
Video metrics can be measured by:
• Viewing the counts of the video. This is the simplest approach.
• Noting the play rate of the video to check the number of people viewing the video as compared to the number of people with access to it.
• Checking the watch rate to see how much of the video people watched.
• Observing the conversion rate to see how many audience members became customers.
• Measuring the click through rate (CTR) that tells you about the number of people who used the call to action in the video.
• Naren Arulrajah is President and CEO of Ekwa Marketing, a complete internet marketing company that focuses on SEO, social media, marketing education, and the online reputations of dermatologists and plastic surgeons. With a team of 180+ full time marketers, www.ekwa.com helps doctors who know where they want to go, get there by dominating their market and growing their business significantly year after year. If you have questions about marketing your practice online, call 855-598-3320 to speak one-on-one with Naren.