- My Take: I Yam What I Yam
- News + Trends
- New in My Practice | Cosmeceuticals: Senté Illuminé Eye Cream
- New in My Practice | Devices: Thermi Technology
- Products Update
- Women in Aesthetics: Colette Courtion
- In Focus: Take the Lead
- Make Your Practice Thrive By Improving Conversion Rates
- The Rise of Non-Core Doctors, and What It Means
- How to Build an Aesthetic Practice in a Busy Office Setting
- Unlocking the Da Vinci Code
- Why I Don’t Want New Patients
- Three Ways: Waste Not, Want Not: Where Do Practices Waste the Most Money?
- Business Advisor: Honest Feedback: 10 Tips to Help Employees Grow and Improve
- Marketing Matters: Taking the Leads
- Virtual Voice: Using Technology and Social Media to Meet Consumer Needs
- Coming & Going
In Focus: Take the Lead
Power of Two: AMSPA, IALA To Merge
The American Med Spa Association (AmSpa) is merging with the International Aesthetic and Laser Association, Inc. (IALA).
The merger will add more than 250 members to AmSpa’s 1,200-plus existing members.
IALA’s membership will transition to the AmSpa group over the next month and will receive benefits including access to their state’s medical aesthetic legal summary, live and recorded business and legal webinars, member pricing on AmSpa events, and more.
IALA was formed in 2008 by Nicole Strothman to bring together various industry stakeholders to focus on legal changes affecting medical spas. At the time, many states and business owners were struggling with who could use certain medical devices, what level of physician supervision was necessary, and what was needed to ensure the lowest incident rates. IALA worked hand-in-hand with various interest groups, including national aesthetic chains, single operators, and healthcare professionals to pave the way for patient safety focused laws in multiple states across North America.
“Given AmSpa’s focus on compliance and the laws affecting the medical aesthetic industry, we felt combining our membership was a perfect synergy. For the last decade, IALA has been instrumental in keeping up with legislative changes, monitoring special interest groups, and spearheading government change to ensure patient safety is front and center. I feel confident that, under the AmSpa umbrella, our members will continue to receive the most up-to-date industry news in the ever-changing legal landscape that affects all med spa owners and staff,” says Ms. Strothman in a news release.
“We are excited and proud to welcome IALA into the AmSpa family. Their commitment to training, safety, and legal compliance make this trade organization a perfect fit with the American Med Spa Association,” adds AmSpa founder/director, Alex R. Thiersch, JD.
eRelevance’s New Suite of Services MAy Support Lead Conversion
eRelevance Corporation has launched a suite of tech-powered services to help small- to medium-size businesses (SMBs) grow more cost-effectively. The services drive more demand, lower advertising costs, and improve lead conversion.The eRelevance suite of services:
• eRelevance Customer Engage engages customers through targeted, multi-channel campaigns that increase the lifetime value of existing customers.
• eRelevance Prospect Engage captures and quickly engages prospects with a targeted, multi-channel approach that maximizes the return on marketing spend.
• eRelevance Connect follows up on customer and prospect responses to marketing campaigns, then connects them with scheduling resources, increasing the likelihood of conversion and minimizing lost revenue.
• eRelevance Capture captures responses from email blasting and advertising efforts, and tracks return on investment.