- Rising to the Top
- New Social Media Marketing Book for Aesthetic Physicians
- Isdin's Eryfotona Actinica
- FaceTite by InMode
- New Products
- Meeting Minute
- In Focus: Blinded by the Plight
- Handling Negative Reviews in the Internet Age
- When is Enough Enough?
- Integration of Technology Leads to Golden Era of Health Care Marketing
- Master Class: Make Live Videos Work for Your Practice
- Editorial Board Forum: Regulated Engagement
- Loading the Sales Funnel Through Price Transparency
- Is Your Practice Ready for the Menaissance?
- Read This Before You Text That
- Safety Dance: HTTPS Update
- Connecting the Dots: A Guide to Understanding Millennials
- Exit Stage Left
- Would Your Business Survive Your Disability?
- Investment Alternatives to Reduce Portfolio Risk
- Instagram Is Hot in Aesthetics: Fake it Until You Make It?
- Coming & Going
Isdin's Eryfotona Actinica
With Dendy Engelman, MD
In each edition, Modern Aesthetics® asks top cosmetic physicians what new cosmeceuticals they are offering to their patients. In this issue, Dendy Engelman, MD, a dermatologic surgeon in New York City, shares her experience with ISDIN’s hero product, Eryfotona Actinica Ultralight Emulsion SPF 50+.
What Is Eryfotona Actinica?
Dendy Engelman, MD: Eryfotona Actinica Ultralight Emulsion SPF 50+ helps to protect against UVA- and UVB-induced sunburn, prevent sun damage and early signs of aging, support repair of already damaged skin, and decrease the risk of skin cancer if combined with other sun safety measures, such as limiting exposure during peak hours and wearing protective clothing. Eryfotona Actinica works to not only protect skin, but prevent actinic damage. It is important to target actinic keratoses (AKs) before they potentially transform to invasive squamous cell carcinoma.
How Does Eryfotona Actinica Ultralight Emulsion SPF 50+ Compare To Other Sunscreens On The Market?
Dr. Engelman: This ultra-lightweight emulsion contains 11 percent zinc oxide, which spreads and absorbs easily into skin, unlike other greasy physical blockers. It also contains DNA Repairsomes, encapsulated photolyase enzymes in a liposomal delivery system that help to boost the skin’s natural recovery process and protect skin from further damage. Another key ingredient is Vitamin E, which helps to protect against environmental damage and free radicals.
How Do You Suggest That Patients Incorporate Eryfotona Actinica In Their Daily Care?
Dr. Engelman: I always stress the importance of wearing sunscreen 365 days a year to my patients. I tell them to apply Eryfotona Actinica to cleansed skin, prior to applying foundation. I love that it is a lightweight formula, so you don’t have to worry about it clogging your pores. The sunscreen absorbs into your skin quickly, and you will forget that it’s even there.
How Have The Results Been?
Dr. Engelman: Results have been outstanding, and I find my patients are really happy with the sunscreen. The quality of skin in my patients who are using it has improved significantly. I can see an overall improvement in the health of their skin.
How Do You Market The ISDIN Line To Your Patients?
Dr. Engelman: I tell them about all of the positive benefits of the sunscreen. We carry it in our office and I give them samples to try. Once they try it, they seem to love it!