- The Year Of The Physician
- Practice Management Pearls from Plastic Surgery the Meeting 2016 : ASPS Practice Management Re-Boot Camp Verion 2.0
- New in My Practice: Cosmeceuticals
- New in My Practice: Devices
- New Products
- Meeting Minute
- Ace Your Email Marketing
- In Focus
- When I Grow Up
- All In One
- NoMophobia, No More: Weighing the Promise and Perils of Smart Phones in Medicine and Beyond
- Editorial Board Forum: Career Paths
- Predictions and Predilections
- Single Incision Rejuvenation of the Periorbital Aesthetic Unit
- Tissue Liquefaction for Disaggregation of Adipocytes in Fat Grafting Procedures
- The Influencers
- This I Believe...
- Four Pillars of Successful Internet Marketing
- Out with the Old, In With the New
- Doctors Betrayed by Traditional Financial Strategies, Part 1
- Coming & Going
New in My Practice: Cosmeceuticals
With Anna Paré, MD
ALASTIN’S REGENERATING SKIN NECTAR
In each edition, Modern Aesthetics® asks top cosmetic physicians what cosmeceuticals they are loving today. This month, ANNA PARÉ, MD, a dermatologist at Dermatology Consultants in Atlanta, discusses ALASTIN’S REGENERATING SKIN NECTAR, which was launched in July 2015 to optimize and support skin before, during, and after cosmetic procedures.
WHAT IS ALASTIN’S REGENERATING SKIN NECTAR?
“Alastin Skin Nectar incorporates TriHex Technology, a proprietary blend of peptides and other ingredients that enhance the skin by clearing the extracellular matrix. TriHex Technology is novel. It purges the extracellular matrix of debris (old fragmented collagen and elastin) allowing for cellular signaling and the stimulation of not only collagen but elastin. It supports the skin’s natural regenerating process. The skin becomes more receptive to treatments as well as applied skincare.”
HOW ARE PATIENTS USING IT?
“All of my injectable, laser (Sciton’s Halo and Fraxel), and pre-energy (Infini, Ulthera, microneedling) patients are instructed to begin using the Nectar twice a day before receiving the procedure.”
HOW WELL DOES IT WORK?
“We have seen significant improvement in the recovery time of both injectable and laser patients. The Nectar, with the TriHex Technology, allows our patients to return to work and social lives much quicker after procedures. Because of the benefit they enjoy using the Nectar, I transition them over, after about two weeks, to the Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology that has the benefit of the TriHex in addition to adipose tissue stimulation. It is not competitive but compliments topical and oral supplements.”
WHAT ARE YOUR PATIENTS SAYING ABOUT IT?
“We were one of the first practices to offer this new technology to our patients in Georgia. They appreciate that we remain ‘cutting edge’ in our offerings. Our patients are very pleased with the results they are seeing, especially in the tone and texture of their skin, which may be attributed to the stimulation of elastin.”