- Editors' Message: Don't Burn Out
- News & Trends
- New in My Practice: Cosmeceuticals
- New in My Practice: Devices
- Meeting Minute
- New Products
- In Focus
- Physician Burnout: Careers in Crisis, Part 1
- Physician, Heal Thyself: Turning the Tables on Physician Burnout
- Editorial Board Forum: Good Job: Spotting and Preventing Burnout
- Balancing Act
- From Frozen to Fresh
- Cost Comparison of a Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) for a Solo Practitioner Surgical Practice
- How To (Successfully) Incorporate Hot New Treatment Trends Into Your Practice
- In the Heat of the Micro-moment
- The Power of the Written Word
- Emoji Nation
- Managing High Maintenance Clients
- Technology Rocks
- Career Transitions: Why I Pivoted and How I Did it
- Are These Three Weaknesses Lurking In Your LLC Or FLP?
- Avoiding Burnout: Social Media as a Time Saver for Patients and Practices
- Coming & Going
News from recent meetings and a guide to upcoming events.
Cosmetic Surgery Forum Grants Available
Cosmetic Surgery Forum (November 30 - December 3, Bellagio Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas) is offering grants covering airfare and a shared hotel room to fellows and residents who register (and are selected) by Sunday, August 21, 2016. The deadline for first round applicants is Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 11:59 pm CT. Award winners will be announced in late August. Applications submitted between July 17 and August 21 at 11:59 pm CT will be considered for positions as alternates and will be ranked by the review committee. Grants will be offered to alternates as they become available. Learn more at DermTube.com.
Save the Date: ISD’s 12th International Congress of Dermatology to be Held in Argentina in April 2017
Held every four years, the International Society of Dermatology’s (ISD) 12th International Congress of Dermatology will take place April 18-22, 2017, at the Sheraton Hotel & Convention Center in Buenos Aires. The ISD’s International Congress of Dermatology will feature a diverse scientific program with session topics ranging from medical, aesthetic, and tropical dermatology with an emphasis on the latest diagnostics and therapeutics. Faculty members include some of the world’s leading researchers, academia, and practitioners in the field of dermatology.
“The ISD’s International Congress of Dermatology offers an unmatched learning experience, with an emphasis on the international exchange of ideas and best practices that has the potential to significantly improve patient care in every corner of the world,” said Evangeline B. Handog, MD, president of the ISD. “Participants will gain not only knowledge, but an international network of experts to consult with for years to come.”
The ISD will award more than 75 scholarships to participants from emerging countries—providing travel and monetary scholarships to attend and present abstracts at the 2017 International Congress of Dermatology. For the 2013 International Congress of Dermatology, $62,500 in travel grants were awarded by ISD.
Those interested in attending can take advantage of reduced registration fees by registering by July 15, 2016, and the late registration deadline is February 17, 2017. The abstract submission deadline is November 18, 2016. For more information, visit the Congress website at www.icd2017.com.ar.