- Innovate for the Future
- News & Trends
- Sometimes, Red is Just Wrong
- Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis
- Imaging Device Offers 3D Demonstration of Procedure Outcomes
- Meeting Roundup
- New Products
- Aesthetic Devices: The State of the Art
- Cannulas and the New Horizon in Injectable Aesthetic Treatments
- New Devices for the Aesthetic Practice
- Editorial Board Forum: Do Patients’ Fat Reduction Expectations Vary by Specialty?
- Mind Matters
- Post-Procedure Skincare
- Rhinoplasty Trends
- Want to be a Medical Director at a Medical Spa? Beware
- Marketing Matters
- Thank You: Viewing Patient Complaints As An Opportunity to Improve
- How to Hire a Consultant
- EHR Insights
- Fringe Benefit Plans: Valuable Planning Tools You Haven’t Heard Of
- The Sunshine Act Inevitably Rises
- Coming and Going
- 50 Is The New 30
News from recent meetings, and a guide to upcoming events.
UNDERSTANDING THE DIVERSITY OF HA FILLERS
“HA: Understanding the Diversity of HA Fillers: An Innovative Approach to Maximizing Facial Beauty” is a CME accredited educational initiative program designed to help core aesthetic physicians understand the diverse applications of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers and how the use of a methodical, comprehensive aesthetic evaluation can help achieve more satisfactory patient outcomes. The full-day course features lectures, panel discussions, and demonstrations in the morning and an afternoon hands-on injection workshop.
During the workshop, attendees (who bring their own patients) will have an opportunity to learn tips and techniques from a team of talented and seasoned faculty including Drs. Julius Few, Derek Jones, Arthur Swift, and Heidi Waldorf. The morning will address the aesthetic evaluation and the patient consult. Time will be spent reviewing the differences among the HA fillers and how each can be utilized to achieve the best aesthetic effect. Focus will be placed on volumizing and reshaping the face. Live patient injection demonstrations will enhance the learning experience. The afternoon is dedicated to hands-on injection training. Participating physicians will bring a patient and be grouped with several of their peers. Faculty will provide one-on-one guidance and answer questions throughout the afternoon. Space is limited— only 40 spots for each course. Courses will be held in New York City at the Eventi Hotel on April 12, in San Francisco at the Clift Hotel on May 3, and in Chicago at the Hyatt Magnificint Mile on June 28.
Cost is $349 and includes product and all supplies. To register, visit https://x-medica.com/ha.
UPDATES FROM ANNUAL DERMATOLOGY CONFERENCE
Practical Dermatology® magazine, a sister publication to Modern Aesthetics®, and DermTube.com offered daily video coverage of the American Academy of Dermatology meeting in Denver with host Joel L. Cohen, MD, FAAD. Dr. Cohen, director of AboutSkin Dermatology and DermSurgery in Englewood and Lone Tree, Colorado and Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the University of Colorado, is also on the editorial board of Modern Aesthetics® magazine. Dr. Cohen guides DermTube.com viewers to the latest news from the meeting through interviews with leading experts. Featured in the daily coverage:
- Heidi Waldorf, MD offers tips on avoiding complications when injecting the lips.
- Mat Avram, MD discusses laser techniques.
- Joel Cohen, MD describes evolving approaches in facial resurfacing.
- Hassan Galadari, MD reviews fillers from around the globe.
To view these and more, visit dermtube.com/series/ daily-coverage-denver-2014.
ASAPS/ASERF 2014 Annual Meeting
April 24-29, 2014
Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
11th International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery
May 27-31, 2014
New York Marriott Marquis, NY
Cosmetic Bootcamp Summer Meeting
June 12-15, 2014
Vegas Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatology
June 18-22, 2014
Bellagio Las Vegas, NV
Summer AAD Meeting
August 6-10, 2014
AAFPRS Fall Meeting
September 18-21, 2014
ASDS Annual Meeting
November 6-9, 2014
San Diego, CA 92101
Cosmetic Surgery Forum
December 3-6, 2014
Las Vegas, NV