- Editor’s Message
- Tips for Topical Management of Localized Pigmentation
- Meeting Notes
- A Novel Application for Body Sculpting Technology
- New Products
- You Can Do Better: Top 10 Tips to Ensure an Effective Consultation
- The Growing Importance of Social Media for Cosmetic Surgeons
- Cosmetic Foreplay and Getting “Lost in the Crease”
- In Focus: Blurred Lines
- What Does Being Ethical Mean in Today’s Consumer Market?
- In the Eye of the Beholder: Identifying and Responding to Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Become an Advocate for the practice of Ethical Aesthetic Medicine
- Taking the Pulse of Device-Based Aesthetic Procedures
- Device Shopping: Practical Considerations for the Smart Buyer
- A Tight Fit: Can Non-Invasive Tissue Tightening Devices Fill a Niche in Your Practice?
- Experts Weigh In: Where Devices are Headed in Body Rejuvenation and General Aesthetics
- What’s the Big Idea?
- Practice Fundamentals
- Credit Card Processing
- Practices to Add Vanquish RF Technology Next Quarter
- News & Trends
News from recent meetings, and a guide to upcoming events.
Live Cosmetic Surgery Workshop Coming This september
Joe Niamtu, III, MD will present the 2013 Ultimate Facial Rejuvenation Live Cosmetic Surgery Workshop September 20-22. The course will include lectures and live surgeries on facelift and facial liposuction, browlift, eyelid surgery, facial implants, laser resurfacing, chemical peels, fillers, mole removal, radiowave surgery, and skin care. The courses present a lecture format immediately followed by live surgical observation of the actual procedures. Lectures and surgery are performed at Dr. Niamtu’s fully accredited surgery center and all meals and social events are included in the registration fee. The teaching facility includes web-based surgery cameras, allowing participants to walk into the operating room, view live surgeries throughout the facility, or via the Internet for remote viewing. Registration information is available at www.lovethatface.com.
Upcoming AACS Meetings
The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) announced two upcoming events for cosmetic surgeons. Innovations in Aesthetic Breast Surgery, taking place in Tulsa, OK from September 21-22 is a two-day live surgery workshop focusing on innovative surgical techniques in cosmetic breast surgery. Then, the World Congress on Advanced Liposculpture and Body Contouring will convene from October 1-5 in New York. Held every three years, this event focuses on high definition liposuction, stem cell therapy, breast augmentation with lifts, surgery for massive weight loss, and cosmetogynecology. For more information, visit www.cosmeticsurgery.org.
Vegas Cosmetic Surgery 2013:
Jeannette Graf, MD on Skin Care
“The single most important ingredient that every one of our patients should be using on their skin at night is some sort of a retinoid, whether it’s an overthe- counter retinol or a prescription retinoid.”
Visit Modern Aesthetics TV (www.modernaesthetics. com/tv) to see Dr. Graf discuss her presentation.