- Facilitators of Innovation
- New in My Practice: Cosmeceuticals
- New Products
- New in My Practice: Devices
- Acne-Related PIH
- Collaborative Relationships Inspire Innovation: Keys to Practice Growth
- Negotiating With Vendors
- Going Social: A Social Media Primer for Aesthetic Practitioners
- Managing Online Reputation for Cosmetic Surgeons
- Evidence of emerging innovation in medical aesthetics.
- The Next Big Thing: How To Spot It and Avoid the Imitators
- If You Want to Innovate, Think Delegate
- The Aesthetic Patient: Communication and Education Remain the Cornerstone of Cosmetic Procedures
- 5 Perspectives on Innovation
- Editorial Board Forum: Is Innovation Important in Practice?
- New Insights into Neurotoxins
- Taking the Pulse of Hydroquinone Therapy: A Plea for Caution
- Emerging Innovations in Aesthetics
- Meeting Notes
- News & Trends
New in My Practice: Cosmeceuticals
By: Jason N. Pozner, MD
Supportive Ingredients Boost Hydroquinone Efficacy
Who is using Blanche?
Blanche Skin Lightening Cream, a 4% hydroquinone product by Neocutis, is one of the most popular products in our office. Patients love the skin-friendly formula, as well as the results that it provides.
Why is it attractive?
The formula is unique based on the key support ingredients that are in the product: undecylenol phenylalanine and phenylethyl resorcinol. Its L-leucine inhibits tyrosine transport into melanocytes and melanosomes. It also contains sodium glycerophosphate, a calcium binder, which is important, since calcium is involved in several steps of melanin formation. Although hydroquinone is the gold standard in the industry, by adding these additional melanogenesis inhibitors into the formula, hyperpigmentation is resolved quicker than with hydroquinone alone.
The product also includes MELAPLEX, a skin-brightening complex, to help visibly diminish the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation. Patients report that the product helps to restore the look of skin tone and clarity for a more even complexion and provides light hydration to counteract dryness.
How do you suggest patients use Blanche?
Patients should use Blanche at night only. To optimize results, I suggest patients also use JOURNÉE Bio-restorative Day Cream with PSP Broad-Spectrum SPF 30, also from Neocutis, during the day.
For more information: www.neocutis.com.