- The Art of Branding
- Pricing Your Worth: Tips For Deciding Costs And Promoting Cosmetic Procedures
- The Full Package: Experience Counts
- The Subliminal Difference: Sell The Outcome
- Ethics Of Aesthetics: Patient Management
- Editorial Board Forum: Can We Avoid The Commoditization Of Aesthetic Medicine?
- Consistent Demand: How To Avoid A First Quarter Decline
- Hot Aesthetic Trends In 2013
- Modern Aesthetics: Partner in Your Evolution
- News & Trends
- Research Briefs
- New in My Practice: Cosmeceuticals
- New in My Practice: Devices
- Eczema: Treatment And Management For ALL AGES
- New Products
- Opening a Practice
- Aesthetic Marketing Matters
- What’s the Big Idea?
- More Patients "Liking" Aesthetic Procedures
- Meeting Notes
Modern Aesthetics: Partner in Your Evolution
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the first edition of Modern Aesthetics, your new go-to source for the latest trends, business advice, and procedural pearls in cosmetic medicine. Each installment of Modern Aesthetics will feature rich content authored by expert physicians from all corners of the aesthetic spectrum, with topics comprising a range of important issues that affect clinicians today.
The cover focus for this inaugural issue is “The Art of Branding,” which seems especially fitting, given the unique blend of business and cosmetic advice our contributors will offer in this and future editions of Modern Aesthetics. More pointedly, building one’s own brand as an aesthetic practitioner can be a slippery notion, since clinicians’ expertise and training is not oriented toward the financial components that have significant bearing on the success of our practices. Branding oneself may be simple in some ways and demanding in others, but the broader challenge is recognizing and managing the wide scope that “branding” encompasses, from communicating with patients to pricing and promoting procedures, and even including how we view the art and science of aesthetics. The articles in this issue cover all of these points and more.
No matter where you rank yourself on the scale of business savvy, we hope that you find something in the pages ahead that you can apply in your practice. As the field of cosmetic procedures continues to evolve and accommodate new procedures, techniques, and business models, clinicians should be prepared to evolve along with it. Through cutting edge print, web, and video content, Modern Aesthetics will spotlight these and other pressing issues facing aesthetic clinicians today. We are pleased to lend a guiding voice to this project, and we hope that you enjoy all that Modern Aesthetics has to offer in coming months and years.